Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I was 6 when we signed on our new home in the country. We had recently moved from Salt Lake City, Utah - we are not LDS- where we lived in the subdivision. We were excited, especially Corbin and I, to have 5 acres of land to run and play on. The only pet that we had brought with us was a small dog, named Sandy. Little did we know that in less than ten years, we would have over 100 animals! Soon after we moved here, Mom took Corbin and me to pick out our first kittens. I picked a beautiful white kitten named Princess & Corbin picked out a handsome black kitten named Smokey. Princess would come running when I called and leap into my lap & would usually fall asleep giving me a hug! She disappeared a year later & we never found her again. Our family has owned several cats throughout the years and learned that cats disappear quite rapidly in the country with all the predators that we have (i.e. coyotes, owls, hawks and skunks.) Soon after we moved, Dad bought us a pony named Ginger. She is a good pony although if Calvin rides her his way ( fast and long) she does get a "pony" attitude.

1 comment:

Hope said...

Hey Jordy!
Great to see ya writing!!!...I just got back from the OTHER kind of riding :) it was so much fun... :)
Love ya, & ttyl!
Sarah