Monday, August 11, 2008

Friday morning, it was cold and windy. I let three ponies, Bullet, Liberty, and Ginger, into a pasture to graze. They all ran out the gate into the pasture, which got PonyBoy excited. PonyBoy has a cateract in one of his eyes which makes him more nervous when he sees other horses running. I then went into the pen that PonyBoy was kept in. He was more excited then he has been this summer, but I didn't think too much of it, seeing it was cold and windy, which usually makes our horses a bit more spirited. I led him out and while I walked to the big pasture, tried to make him drop his head. When a horse drops his head, so his topline is level, it means that the horse is relaxed. I have been doing that a lot with him and it seems to have helped him calm down. This paticular time, however, he didn't like the idea of being calm. Also, he bonked me with his nose, which means that he thought that he was dominent and that I didn't matter. I bonked him back to show that I did matter and that I was the one who was dominent. Kayla opened the pasture gate and I led him through. It was cold, so I dropped the halter off him. He turned to leave right away, which is another sign of him thinking he is the dominent one. I turned to leave immediatly, so that I could be seen as the boss. He again didn't like that idea and no sooner then I had taken a couple of steps, I got a full print of a horsehoof on my shoulder blade!!! I turned and yelled at him and he took off running. I couldn't do anything more, so I left. A little bit of redness appeared soon after the kick, but Mom rubbed some Arnica cream on it and it disappeared. I haven't felt any pain from it and I am sure that I didn't break any bones. Praise God it was not worse and that it was me that he kicked. My younger siblings would have got it in the head. As it is, we are selling PonyBoy, we were trying to sell him before, but this adds a new desire to have him gone so we don't have to worry about any more kicks. He broke Dad's hand and has tried to kick me before, but this is the first time he has been successful in getting me. Again, thank you Jesus!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the same on that kicked you the other day?
In Christ,
Lauren W.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jordie,
Well, I finally got reading your blog!!! :D
Isn't God good???
Love ya lots!!!
Sarah