Friday, October 22, 2010

I.V. day! I was a little nervous at the beginning of the day, but with Ian's good teaching, I was quite confident by the time it came to sticking & being stuck with the needle. :)



At the beginning of the day, we started with doing hemoglobin tests - the finger prick with the lancet. That hurt. Then we injected oranges with water till they were squirting out... :D



After that, we talked about IV's for a long time, then we each took a turn at sticking & being stuck. I hit Sarah's vein, but by the time that I noticed it, I had already poked through the other side, & so I wasn't able to leave the drip going. Sarah got my vein the first time.....it hurt....but I watched the whole time & after the catheter was inserted, almost died from laughing! ;D



I still think that I woudn't be thrilled if I knew that I would be stuck again, but it was very amazing & I am much more confident with running tests & IVs.



Here is a picture after the IV is in and running. Sarah is in the yellow & Vicki is on the side.

Another picture of the IV.....



No comments: