Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wow! It's been a long time since I wrote last on here. I have been itching to get my thoughts down on paper, so here's a small update...hope you will be blessed & encouraged as you get updated on my life.
I think I should start off, since the title contains the word, goat, to mention that I am no longer in possession of these amazing animals. I have learned so much from them & hope that someday I will again be surrounded by the furry critters that think it their job to baa & get into everything. Of course, they also filled our fridge with milk, & hearts with laughter at their antics.  "Why did you get rid of them?" you might ask.  For a few reasons.  One of the primary ones being that I am working 40 hours a week now at a delightful coffee shop - Post Falls Coffee Co.  My hours, though set, are varied in when they are scheduled....meaning, I may work an early morning, then a few afternoon shifts, then again a morning.  Due to this, my milking times were very sporadic & my poor Zamar was drying up to my lack of consistency.
There is never a dull moment when you are a barista.  Whether it's slow & there's time to do some deep cleaning, or the headset is getting beeped & people are standing at the counter ordering mochas, lattes, cappachinos, or some of our bakery items - cookies, cinnamon rolls, scones, or bagals.  Now that I have worked there for several months, I have several "regulars" who are friends & always make my day a bit brighter.  My job is expanding to doing office work as well, which is swell with me. Computer work has always been exciting to me.
Since going down to one animal- a dog- more about him later, I have been working on changing my website www.joyfulmeadows.com to advertising my doula side. I was blessed to be at a birth last month & it again showed me how much being with a woman during that time is an important part if my life. And, what a help it is to the birthing mom to have someone there.
Anyways, about my pup, he is about 1 1/2 years old. He is very protective of me, even though he is only about 5 pounds. I named him Ruger & have found it very interesting to hear all the comments on my name choice. He is very smart & has a huge personality.
Last but not least, God has been teaching me so much about myself, friends & Him. It continuously amazes me how He always proves Himself faithful. I am learning how to love Him & others more each day. To God be the glory!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow.....just happened to check you blog, and see you post!! Love you my dear!!! <3