Friday, June 27, 2008

Velvet had her babies two weeks late in January. I read aloud to Kayla while I kept an eye on Velvet. Velvet wasn't very comfortable. She kept walking around in the birthing stall and laying down then standing up again. Whem Mom called us in to eat, I stood up to go, but then decided against eating right then, for Velvet was having a big contraction. Kayla ran inside and let Mom know what was happening. Velvet didn't have any more contractions even though her baby's head had slipped out. Mom came inside the barn then and thought that the baby was sucking in fluids. We had to get the baby out immediatly if it was getting fluids in it's lungs. I slipped my hands inside Velvet. I didn't know what I was feeling. I said a quick prayer and immediatly God let me know what I was feeling. The baby's front legs were alongside it's belly instead of along it's nose like they should be. I brought the legs forward and pulled her out. I named her Hope, because I had hope that I could get her out. We weren't sure if she was okay at first, but she did survive, for which we are very thankful. 1 1/2 later, Mom left, but she was going to be back in 5 minutes. I told her that she may miss it & she did! She had no sooner stepped inside the house, when I called her on the cell phone saying that the baby was coming! She turned around and came right back but it was already born. All this happened in about 2-3 minutes!! I named this one Blessing, because she was a blessing to her mom to be so fast and easily born. About 15 minutes after Blessing was born, Velvet began to push again. There was no progress, so I put on gloves and slipped my hand inside. This time the baby was breach (bottom first)! I gently pulled the legs back and he was born rapidly. This little boy was always tripping on his sisters or stepping on them. I named him Brother, because I was constantly saying "Brother, watch out for your sisters!" "Brother, be nice!" "Brother, be a gentleman, do NOT step on your sisters!" His full name is 'Bothersome Brother', as a joke, because I know that some people think that brothers are a bother, but my brothers are far from being a bother to me!

2 comments:

Hope said...

Nice Jordan!!! So FINALLY did decide on 'officially' naming him Brother!!! (& even added the 'bothersome' part on!!! :D)

Love you!!! It was soooo exciting 'being' there right after the birth on the phone!!! :D
Nice talking to you last nite,...thanks for the email!!!
Love ya lots!
TTYL!
Sarah

Hope said...

Hi Jordan,
Just wanted to make note, that your link to your family's adoption website isn't working, as it says 'godsaddedblessing' instead of godsaddedblessingS'.
Hope that makes sense.
Love ya!
Sarah P.